

Indonesia is stepping up efforts to secure the release of four of its citizens held aboard the hijacked tanker MT Honour 25 after Somali pirates seized the vessel near the coast of Somalia last month.
The Palau-flagged product tanker was captured on April 21-22 near Hafun in Somalia’s Puntland region while carrying petroleum products.
The vessel had a multinational crew that included four Indonesians, 10 Pakistanis, and crew members from India, Myanmar and Sri Lanka.
Indonesia’s Foreign Ministry said negotiations involving Somali local authorities, the crew management company and other parties are continuing.
“Currently, negotiations between the local government authorities, the crew management and other relevant parties in Somalia are still ongoing,” the ministry said in a statement on Monday.
“There is strong hope that the negotiations for their release can be concluded in the near future.”
Foreign Ministry spokesman Vahd Nabyl A Mulachela said the Indonesian government was continuing to coordinate through its diplomatic
Content Original Link:
" target="_blank">

